One of the biggest contract fillers in the Nordic countries, Swedish Titab Pac AB was the first customer to take into use Muovi-Heljanko’s new multilayer canister. – We’ve been looking for a canister like this ever since we started packing alkylate based petrol in 1989. Now our customers can be absolutely certain that the canister contains 5 litres. And we avoid overfilling, explains sales manager ANTON WICKSELL.
The revolutionary novelty on the canister market is especially well suited for technochemical products that require impermeable packaging. The multilayer canister’s new raw material and technology stop the packed material from passing through the wall of the canister. A barrier layer keeps oxygen and impurities on the outside and petrol fumes, gases and chemicals on the inside.
– I find it unbelievable that it has taken so long to come up with a solution that prevents considerable evaporation. The petrol canister is stored for about 6 months before it is used. Before taking the multilayer canister into use, we had to compensate the amount of evaporated petrol at the filling stage. The evaporation percentage of the multilayer canister is very close to zero, so now we avoid overfilling, says Anton Wicksell.
– As the contamination risk decreases, product safety increases. The content stays unchanged when the particles do not evaporate.
– The multilayer canister also keeps its shape much better than an ordinary canister. Multilayer does not bloat and the canister looks high-class on the store shelf and works better in everyday use.
The co-operation between Titab Pac Ab who specialises in liquid chemical packaging and Muovi-Heljanko started in 2012. Titab Pac AB praise their Finnish partner especially for the quality of their canisters and bottles, and for their delivery reliability. Environmental requirements have become one of the main steering factors of business operations also at Titab Pac AB.
– Together with our suppliers we are continuously looking for better packing options for our clients, both from an environment and a packaging perspective, Wicksell illustrates the values of Titab Pac.
The multilayer canister is a responsible choice. Because of the dense layers, the amount of plastic raw material is reduced and the canister weighs less; compared with the traditional 5 litre monolayer plastic canister, production now requires 24% less plastics, i.e. 60 g less per produced canister.
– The carbon footprint is 24% smaller than for the most common 5 litre canisters for small engine petrol produced in the Nordic countries. It is fantastic that the amount of plastics decreases and the canister gets lighter, and yet the functionality and stability of the packaging improves, states Anton Wicksell.